In 1869, several Irish Catholic families moved to the Dennison area and founded what is now Immaculate Conception Parish. Father Francis Campbell acquired property along the 200 block of North First St.( southeast corner of Welch and First Sts.) and a two-story brick building was built in 1891. Classes began in the fall under the direction of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, Kentucky, with Sr. Imelda Sherron as the first Superior and Principal.
In 1924, attendance soared paving the way for additional building adjacent to the elementary building. Basketball was also added as a high school sport. Football was added in 1940.
In 1952, plans for a new $400,000 junior and senior high school were presented to the parish for consideration and suggestions. The plans hinged on a successful $300,000 fund-raising campaign. A campaign committee was formed headed by: Bishop Ready and Father Gilbert. They appointed eight vice-chairmen to head eight sections: Joseph Caputo, John Dooling, Joseph Gardina, Charles Hren, Frank McKenna, Herman Oberholzer, David Wright, and Duane Yant
In 1954, a new building was constructed at the corner of North First and Sherman streets. The parish purchased the old Dennison gymnasium and moved it to the southwest corner of Welch and First streets. The gymnasium was purchased for $1.00 from the board of education. Over $45,000 was spent on renovating. The building was dedicated January 8, 1961 by Father Gilbert.
Immaculate Conception High School would house high school students for the last time during the 1969-70 school year. Consolidation of Immaculate Conception and Dover St. Joseph formed the new Tuscarawas Central Catholic High School in 1971. (classes were held at Immaculate Conception school for the high school students until completion of TCC.)